This is an amazingly delicious gluten-free tea cake, and best of all easy to prepare. It is moist, sweet, healthy, and is a real treat for brunch, tea time snacking, dessert or just because.
Thanks to O fan and renowned chef, Leslie Cerier, for this recipe. As an author, educator, and wellness coach, she specializes in organic, vegan, and gluten-free cooking. Leslie is passionate about helping people expand their palettes for health, vitality, and pleasure, and leads cooking workshops and chef training worldwide. www.lesliecerier.com
Makes 1 loaf or 9″ round cake.
- 2 organic, pasture raised eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 1/4 cup O California Blood Orange Olive Oil + ½ teaspoon for the cake or loaf pan
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup organic corn meal
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a standard size loaf pan with 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the 1/4 cup O California Blood Orange Olive Oil, maple syrup, and water.
- Add the flours, baking powder, salt, berries and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let it cool briefly before slicing and enjoying.
Try raspberries or freshly picked blackberries if you aren’t a fan of blueberries. Even stone fruit will work, like apricots or plums, just be sure to cut them into smaller pieces.